This post is exactly like it sounds. 25 ideas to get out of your comfort zone.
- Dress the exact opposite of how you usually do.
- Go to a new restaurant without checking reviews.
- Go to your usual restaurant and order something completely new – preferably something you can’t pronounce.
- Take an unfamiliar route around your neighborhood.
- Switch off the GPS and go for a long drive. Try your best to get lost.
- Get lost and focus on the scenery instead.
- Talk to a complete stranger.
- Call a friend you have lost touch over the years.
- Write a love note for your significant other.
- Listen to music in an unfamiliar language.
- Read a book in a different genre, you have never tried before.
- Start an art project with absolutely no idea what you want to do with it.
- Sleep in a different room.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Walk with a skip. The older you are, the better.
- Think of 10 absolutely crazy things you have never done. Do one.
- Think about your death, plan for it.
- Listen to your kids for a whole half hour, without interrupting them even once.
- Knock on a neighbors door – one you have never met, with some cookies.
- Give up on one type of food for a week.
- Fast for a day.
- Arrange to meet a friend at a crowded place, and go there without your phone.
- Cut your hair in a style you have never done before.
- Apologize to someone for being wrong that one time.
- Learn a song on the piano and play it in front of your family.
Do you have more?
I’m a bookworm, mom and have a daytime job that involves computers and tons of data. I believe we have the power to make our lives better and the right time to start is now.